June 8, 2020
We will be open to patients starting June 8th by appointment only and with limited hours. The safety of our patients and staff remains our highest priority. Please read about the protocols we have set in place due to COVID-19.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Optometric Association (AOA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We've recently added the following safety protocols:
- Screenings before and during visit: we will ask patients standard questions when confirming their appointment and when checking-in.
- Entrance checkpoint and temperature checks: patients (and caregiver if needed) will have their temperature taken via a touchless forehead thermometer and be escorted to the sink area to wash hands. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office. We require all persons entering the office to wear a mask- if you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- Common areas: We are sanitizing all common areas and bathrooms numerous times throughout the day.
- Sterilization and exam room preparation: As always, prior to and after seeing any patient, all equipment and work surfaces are properly disinfected. All instruments are sterilized. We use UV lamps in the exam rooms and have installed ionic air purifiers in the HVAC system.
- Eyewear sanitization: All frames will be cleaned and disinfected after being tried on or touched by patients or staff.
- Social Distancing: We are limiting the number of patients in the office at one time.